This course will provide participants with a working knowledge of local safeguarding adults policy, procedures, and systems. It will ensure participants understand what good safeguarding practice is and give them confidence to complete local safeguarding documentation to a high standard.
This course is designed to cover key areas of Safeguarding including identifying and responding to key concerns and how understanding and managing risk effectively can improve outcomes in all key areas. The course will also specifically explore the issue of Neglect and reflect on Serious Case Reviews highlighting this as a key area of improvement regarding the main categories of safeguarding.
This course will explore initial assessments and how they feed into risk management plans and safeguarding responses. This training also considers how person-centred practice works towards successful outcomes addressing medium and long-term safeguarding concerns as well as managing short term risk. It is important to empower professionals to make decisions which fit with ‘defensible decision making’ and effective practice utilising a multi-agency approach.
Staff will reflect upon the issue of managing disclosures in a professional and appropriate manner whilst ensuring the person is heard, supported and records are kept.
This course aims to provide professionals with the skills and tools to confidently manage such a challenging area of business and is built upon reflective practice to enable positive outcomes.
- Know how to access the Safeguarding Principles and Approaches in line with The Care Act 2014.
- Know how to access national and local safeguarding adult procedures and guidance.
- Understand local safeguarding adult policy, procedure, and systems.
- Be equipped with the necessary knowledge to document safeguarding adult records and forms in accordance with the local policy and procedure and relevant internal guidance.
- Understand and use all aspects of the local policy and procedures and what is required to make effective safeguarding adults enquiries.
- Be able to participate in the processes of the planning meetings and discussions in order to assist and carry out enquiries of allegations of abuse.
- Be competent and confident to complete safeguarding adult paperwork.
- Be competent in making safeguarding personal and the interface with positive risk taking and complex case management.
- Reinforce good case recording.